Re: [OM] Off the deep end (OM-4 as LF meter)

Subject: Re: [OM] Off the deep end (OM-4 as LF meter)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
> > Proper metering methods for a technical field camera make
> use of a Weston Master V...

And I sold my Lunapro.  Rats.

> > A wood tripod is the ONLY acceptable type for a technical
> field camera!

Would carbon-fiber be a good wood substitute?

> Don't forget, to do B/W LF in the proper classical style, you
> must tray develop your film...

Actually, you are not too far off.  I know of several pros that
insist that this still is the best way to process 4x5 and 8x10
negs.  Who am I to argue.  Gotta have a pretty tight darkroom,
though.

> > You will also need a focusing loupe on a neck cord.  Get a
> good one free of
> > aberrations.  Need not be all that expensive.

Absolutely.  I wouldn't touch ground-glass focusing without it.
Been there, done that--never again.

You all ALMOST had me talked out of 4x5, but the CDFO hasn't
ruled yet.

AG-Schnozz