Re: [OM] Caution on Criticisms of John Hermanson

Subject: Re: [OM] Caution on Criticisms of John Hermanson
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 12:36:28 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 3 May 2002 21:51:54 -0700, Matt Haber & Jane Diamond wrote:

>The bottom line seems to be that John will take the time that he
>wants to "fix" cameras, but won't allow a comparable time
>multiplier for to follow through on failed repairs.

I think you're leaving out a lot of information. This sounds like a
story that has two sides.

John's worked on several of my bodies, a half dozen or so of my
lenses, and has been an excellent source for detailed advice,
information, and accessories. His terms, turnaround, and prices are
laid out in detail prior to performing work. He's been a tremendous
asset to the list and has given countless subscribers information
that saved them a trip to the repair shop.

I've been a customer for years, and will continue to be as long as
John's in business and I use Oly gear. He's always met and often
exceeded my expectations.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co