Re: [OM] planets, green, film, bracketing

Subject: Re: [OM] planets, green, film, bracketing
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:27:46 -0700
I think you mean mercury vapor, right?  Mercury vapor lamps are greenish,
while the ubiquitious sodium vapor lamps are that horrible shade of
orange.

Mark Marr-Lyon

I guess it is subjective, but mercury vapor lamps look blue to me which is confirmed by
http://isaac.exploratorium.edu/~pauld/summer_institute/summer_day9spectra/spectra_exploration.html

There are different sodium vapor lamps, the low pressure that look orange and the high pressure that look yellow. I have never seen the orange ones. The yellow ones which are the choice of the city I live in, at least to me, appear to have a pronounced greenish tinge which makes them particularly hideous.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?