[OM] OT: Oly SPn info request

Subject: [OM] OT: Oly SPn info request
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 16:19:07 EDT
Hi, all :-)

I've just received an SPn that appears to be in pretty good shape, though I
haven't put any film through it, yet. I know that some of the list members
own SP's and SPn's, and wondered if anyone could point me to sources of info
on the Web about this camera (other than the Camera Quest profile), possibly
a PDF of the manual, or might have an original manual for sale. I'd like to
get an original case for it, if anyone has an extra lying about. Did Oly make
an original hood for this camera? Also, I seem to remember that someone on
the OM list started a separate mailing list for Oly rangefinders; is it still
operational?

I've never shot with a rangefinder, so this will be a new adventure. The
secondary image in the viewfinder seems very weak. Is this the way it's
supposed to look, or might I have a problem in the optics? The image does
move with the focusing action, so that seems OK, so far. With the correct
battery installed, the meter seems to agree with my OM-4.

Any and all comments, advice, etc., will be appreciated.

TIA,
Greg