Re: [OM] what do nice OM1n's go for?

Subject: Re: [OM] what do nice OM1n's go for?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 15:28:07 -0700
Assuming at least part of your comment isn't tongue in cheek, I suggest a way to get a bargain. Patiently await those that have been CLAed recently on *Bay. These have often gone for little or no more than those that will have rotten foam and need cleaning and adjustment if you want to be sure of performance and reliability. As an example, I have a black OM-1 with light brassing and a tiny ding on the top plate, virtually unmarked body and bottom plate, MD cap, etc. that I bought for $150 about 6 mos. after it had a John H. CLA. Deduct the minimum cost of a CLA and the value of the lens on it, and I paid $20 or less for the camera itself.

After I replace the foam damaged prism (cleaned up and works fine, but not perfect) with a perfect one from a $20 OM-10 parts camera and add a $25 new/old stock top plate, I'll have a virtually brand new black OM-1 for about $200.

Another $150 CLAed black OM-1 that I bought from Ken of KS Cameras is more worn looking, but still excellent for taking pictures.

Hoping I haven't just eliminated too much of the bargain potential,
  Moose

Bryan Pilati wrote:

They go for too dang much!!

Bryan Pilati