[OM] Fuji vs Kodak

Subject: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:04:39 -0700
I had an experience last week that involved this thread.

I have gotten into folding Retinas and had a very nice IIIc gone through by
a technically savy friend who put a replacement 50mm front element on the
camera.  Wanting to try it out I went to a local shop and was going to buy a
12 exp. roll of Superia 400.  I spyed Kodak 12 exp. 200 and got that
instead.

The photos are beautiful and I am particularly struck by the richness of
color rendered by the film.  I have been using Portra 160 and the Kodak
consumer 200 rivals it.  I think I will stay with Portra as I love what it
does for skin tones, but for day to day photos at a lower cost, the Kodak
200 is really very good.

Dave Dougherty