Re: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:23:13 -0400
I'm going to jump into this thread too.... ;)

Specifically, I'm wondering about 120 films. Of the available Kodak and Fuji emulsions, what would y'all recommend for protrait work? For landscapes? Until now I've been using primarily Portra NC (negative film) for portraits and Velvia 50 for landscapes. Should I be switcking to K64 or Ektachromes? Should I toss out the Portra and go for the Reala? Should I stick with what I am doing? Should I be using slide film for composed portraits and negative film for candids? SHOULD I be using slide film for landscapes?

I've always had great results, but sometimes change is nice...

snip

I had an experience last week that involved this thread.

I have gotten into folding Retinas and had a very nice IIIc gone through by
a technically savy friend who put a replacement 50mm front element on the
camera. Wanting to try it out I went to a local shop and was going to buy a
12 exp. roll of Superia 400.  I spyed Kodak 12 exp. 200 and got that
instead.