[OM] OM] T28 adapter ring

Subject: [OM] OM] T28 adapter ring
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:35:04 -0400
>How does the T28 attach to the camera? I bought the adapter ring
>with two shoe attachments but I think I am missing parts. The
>ring has no threads and the shoes slip over the ring but there is
>no way to fasten them onto the ring nor is there a way to mount
>the ring to the lens. It appears that the ring is in two parts
>and I am missing one. Anyone with this setup who can tell me what
>exactly it consists of?

>thanks,
>Mike

How do I describe this thing?  Let me count the ways.

It seems to be two rings, one of which the doohickies that hold
the T28 strobes are attached to.  The other fits inside this one,
sticks out both front and back, has two sets of treads on the back
(49 and 55mm) and is knurled on the outer ring of the front part
and is flocked (or whatever you call it) on the inside with flat
black, sort of fuzzy, velvety type stuff (like the 50/3.5 macro).
The two rings move around each other with click stops every 45
degrees or so.

This is sort of like trying to describe an elephant to someone
who's never seen one.  Sorry.

Sounds like you?ve only got half.  Looking at mine, though, I
don't know how you'd get them apart.

Walt Wayman