[OM] A great weekend

Subject: [OM] A great weekend
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 23:23:40 +0100
Folks,

It's been a magnificent May Day bank holiday weekend for me.  On Friday
I got back from repair the first SLR I bought, an OM-1.  It had been
trashed and then written off by Jessops, but Charles Eagles of Durham
managed to return it to me with functioning light meter, flash circuits,
new focussing screen and self-timer lever.  It's great to have it back!

Then on Saturday my sister got married.  The family made an expedition
to a beautiful old country house in North Wales for a great ceremony,
relaxed, low-key and highly enjoyable, before returning to London for a
party last night.  I took plenty of photos with my OM-1 and OM-1n, which
I am really looking forward to seeing.

Then I return to London to find I have won the TOPE name guessing
competition - fantastic!  I hope there'll be greater participation if
the competition is run again.  To me at least, it was enjoyable to try
and match names to photos using personality and location as clues.

And the icing on the cake of the weekend - today I spent a marvellous
day by the seaside.  The sun even shone.  Excellent.

Roger