[OM] Quantum Turbo and Olympus flashes

Subject: [OM] Quantum Turbo and Olympus flashes
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:17:15 -0400
>If anyone is using a Quantum Turbo battery to power their T45 or
>T32, could you tell me how long it takes to recharge after a full
>dump? I assume the switch with the arrows on either side has some
>of effect on recharge times.  This switch is broken off on my
>unit and it takes about 4.5s to recharge a T45, three times
>longer than what is claimed by Quantum.

>Thomas Bryhn

I've got the Turbo Z, so this probably doesn't apply, because it
doesn't have the switch you describe.  Since I was using my T45
just last night, it was still out and hooked up, so I took flash
and watch in hand to see how long.  It takes just over 3 seconds
for the ready light to come on after I push the test button, which
I think constitutes a full dump.  In normal use, of course, it
usually recycles much faster.

Walt Wayman