Re: [OM] Re: Eveready 357

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Eveready 357
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 09:04:48 -0600
At 05:49 AM 5/7/2002 -0700, Norm Nadel wrote:
>I have two questions regarding the 357:
>

>1. Has anyone ever had these batteries leak   ....    can they leak?

All batteries can leak.  If the seals of the battery lose their mechanical
integrity, el leako profundo.

>2. What is a good source to purchase them in quantities of 10 or 20.

Do a Websearch -- there are sites that specialize in battery sales.
Alternatively, I've found that specialty battery shops (at least here in
Canada) have various flavours of the 357 or their near-equivalents.  The ones
I'm familiar with are from a supplier called "Battery World," a retailer that
supplies Maxell batteries in strips of 5.  (They also do custom pack builds, in
case anyone cares.)  Maxell makes LOTS of different variations of the 357 --
the ones I like are marked "357/SR44W," a type of "Silver 76" battery that
tolerates continuous very-low-drains (microampere range) extremely well without
affecting the battery's discharge curve significantly, which is quite important
if you're using 'em in an OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti).  I can purchase a strip of 5
for about $14.00 Canadian (around $8.93 U.S.), which is a bloody miracle (the
same strip at most camera retailers sells for about $25.00 Canadian).

Good luck.

Garth