[OM] Was: Mushy foam Now: Silica Gel

Subject: [OM] Was: Mushy foam Now: Silica Gel
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:05:13 EDT
Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx writes:
<< The little silica filled desiccant packs are probably of
 greater value in keeping the excess moisture from being sucked up by our
 camera bodies than they are at keeping fungus out of lenses. >>

which reminds me...I finally got around to hand-cutting out all the holes in
the thick foam I had lined my two Olympus colonoscopy-camera cases which I
got a couple of years ago...talk about tedious! It's hard enuf to get the
holes nice and neat, but to get the depth right is even harder.....anyway..

Kinda neat if I do say so myself..and I like the fact that the entire kit and
kaboodle is in two suitcases (well..almost..the large OM case houses the
booklets, filters, a standard case, a squishy-case-that-allows-the-winder,
extension tubes, medium monopod and handheld tripod, various remote cables
and straps.)

Now that my bodies and lenses are so beautifully displayed in their holes
(and the second has my entire flash group w/bounce grip, cords, et al) I am
thinking mayhaps I should keep some little packets of silica gel in thar with
everything. I remember we hashed out all the sources a few years back, but do
any of you know where I can buy just a few..not gross quantities?

Susan Steele
Amherst, Va
"The sewing machine like the rifle gun, that beats the world is the
Remington".