Re: [OM] OT - longterm photo storage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - longterm photo storage
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 14:53:42 -0700
I have good news and I have bad news. Since you can't tell me which you want
first without a long delay for the digest, I'll start with the good.

The company Light Impressions has a full line of archival storage products,
from albums, to plastic pages, to boxes, to envelopes, to stuff for prints,
well, you get the idea. I've bought quite a bit of their stuff, and been
pleased with the quality.

Now the bad. First, they charge a lot. Pretty much what you would call full
list price, nothing like B&H, but more like an art supply store.

Second, the customer service sucks. I can promise you that of an order of a
half dozen items, at least one will be out of stock. It is possible that out
of the same order, each item will be shipped separately, on successive days.
How, exactly, they stay in business, I don't know.

Still, they are the full line source. I continue to look for alternatives,
but have sofar come up empty.

They also seem to have a 150ff annual sale when the new catalog comes out in the spring. I have been able to postpone some purchases till then to save a little.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?