Re: [OM] Mushy foam & Silica gel

Subject: Re: [OM] Mushy foam & Silica gel
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 20:55:37 -0500
I use the aluminum can types from www.cases4less.com. But Cabelas does have some good prices on many things ;)
Lee

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The best form of silica gel is the large (maybe 1.5x3x8") packages.
Cabelas http://www.cabelas.com, as someone already mentioned,
is a great source for this and other outdoor and/or hunting related
items. Dillon Precision http://www.dillonprecision.com is another source. These large packages are usually marketed as a means
to soak up the moisture in a gun safe.  There seems to be two
wrappers: plastic and cotton duck.  I try to find the cotton duck,
because I cannot imagine putting plastic into an oven to recharge
the silica gel.  Someone already mentioned the fact that the silica
gel will only take so many rechargings in the oven before it falls
apart.  The wrapper may very well fall apart before the silica gel
does.

Pete