Re: [OM] Developing B+W - A Warning

Subject: Re: [OM] Developing B+W - A Warning
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 May 2002 22:08:02 -0500
>>> On Tue, 7 May 2002 13:09:44 -0700 (PDT), AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> said:

 >> Get some gloves and/or tongs. And use them! Life in the dark
 >> room
 >> is so much easier that way.

 as> Besides, it gets tiresome having to constantly wash your hands
 as> after every print individually processed.  You can't handle
 as> un-exposed paper with fixer on your hands.

When I was working in the darkroom we would buy those cheap cotton
gloves. I would put one on one hand and designate that my "dry" hand
and the other my "wet" hand. All paper handling was done with the dry
hand and processing done with the wet hand, careful of course not to
get stop bath in the developer :)

Johnie