Re: [OM] Going to Japan....

Subject: Re: [OM] Going to Japan....
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:28:24 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 8 May 2002, Dorothée Rapp wrote:

> Olaf Greve wrote:
>

> >>weight to go with it. So in my case, too much mobility would require that
> >>
> > I rent a car -
> >
> >>something that I've been strongly reccomended not to do for
> >>
> > traffic-reasons.
> >
> > Fair enough. I think the Samurai castle in Kyushu and Mt. Aso indeed require
> > a rental car, so you may give those a miss. Either way: what specific
> > traffic issues did you hear about regarding Japan?

<SNIP>

> if you speak Japanese and read Kanji etc, no problem; if not: forget it ;)

...and that were exactly the reasons I was given for not driving ;) While
I do speak some (very very little, actually) japanese, I am completely in
the blank when it comes to reading kanji.

Now, I need to brush up on my japanese swearwords for my
one-man-demonstration outside Olympus HQ....;)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx