Re: [OM] Was: Mushy foam Now: Silica Gel

Subject: Re: [OM] Was: Mushy foam Now: Silica Gel
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 23:47:52 EDT
jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Where did you get the foam. Is it the standard grey foam? >>

John,
I measured carefully to see what depth I needed and the width and length,
then went to a local upholstery supply store..not the upholsterer himself,
but his supplier. I told him I needed grey, and he had the grey only up to 2"
deep and I think I needed 3", so he laminated on an extra inch in a cream
color (but no one knows it's under there...). He showed me many differing
densities and I picked the hardness I wanted..I wanted it good and stiff yet
cuttable (a word??). So I got this 3" deep very-firm type for both bottoms (I
did two cases).. I got the white "eggcrate" look for one lid (the only piece
he had), and the other lid I did with a soft piece of royal blue I got in a
box with an Ebay purchase! The three pieces I bought only added up to about
$12. If you're the patient sort they'll sometimes be willing to order what
you want..say a grey eggcrate for the lid , but I'm not the patient type. Of
course, the foam sat around for 18 months before I got around to doing the
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, Va
"The sewing machine like the rifle gun, that beats the world is the
Remington".