Re: [OM] Agfachrome RSX II 50 Professional

Subject: Re: [OM] Agfachrome RSX II 50 Professional
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 11:49:59 +0100
Damon Wood wrote:

> Contrary to slide film, have used the ISO 400 Agfa prints (HDC?) with
> my girlfriends little Oly mju point and shoot and has produced
> suprisingly very good results!

I have only shot a couple of rolls of HDC but I was very impressed - I
found it particularly good for blue skies.

As far as RSX goes, I've only shot one roll, but (and I think someone
else mentioned this as well) the shadow detail is excellent.  Much wider
latitude than Velvia.  Examples online:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/lapalma/photos/lp05-s05-33.jpg
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/lapalma/photos/lp05-s05-34.jpg
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/lapalma/photos/lp05-s05-28.jpg

All three were taken in very contrasty morning light down at 28 degrees
north on La Palma in the Canary Islands.  A shot taken on Velvia
demsonstrates the complete disappearance of shadow detail with that film
under similar circumstances:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/lapalma/photos/lp03-s03-28.jpg

Despite these experiments in 50 speed films I'm still very much a Sensia
100 photographer.  Seems to work best for me.

Roger