Re: [OM] Going to Japan....

Subject: Re: [OM] Going to Japan....
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 20:18:41 +0200

T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://www.f45.com/html/japan/index.html

To me, that looks exactly like a reason to use b+w alongside color ;)

ok, leave color at home...

(no no, just kidding, really :))

BTW: in 1997 we did a concert exchange with the Aalborg Symphony (they came here and played in the places we normally play and vice versa. It was a very nice trip! Part of it was of course a big party with lots of food. Since we have members from about 11 or 12 different nations, food varied from Sushi to Pörkölt (hungarian style meat).
So what did the Aalborg friends do as *revenge?

www.doro-foto.de/wildschwein.jpg

they grilled two wild boars. Outside. Behind the former cinema where they rehearse now. It took two days :) When the police came to find out about the smoke, they got some to taste it and left quite satisfied :))

Back to Japan: this one was taken of Doro (still with her OM2 then) in the Kyoto gardens:

www.doro-foto.de/DinJ.jpg

And this was one of my very few halfdecent B&W pictures from the tour, taken through the hotel-window (22nd floor) in Tokyo opposite some big station

www.doro-foto.de/TokVo.jpg

Since of course the window wouldn't open I was glued to it for minutes - I couldn't see from where the bird came or when it would come back. It did not hit the screen luckily...

(all quickly scanned from prints...just to amuse you if you like).

cheers
:Doro