RE: [OM] Going to Japan....

Subject: RE: [OM] Going to Japan....
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:33:10 -0600
Well now.... The red hair looks like a fairly effective sunshade for shorter
lenses. If I stayed in that squatting position very long though my old knees
would not let me get back up....would have to roll into the water. The bird
has an ominous look. Reminds me of the old Japanese monster movies from the
1950's. /jnm

<<snip

Back to Japan: this one was taken of Doro (still with her OM2 then) in
the Kyoto gardens:

www.doro-foto.de/DinJ.jpg

And this was one of my very few halfdecent B&W pictures from the tour,
taken through the hotel-window (22nd floor) in Tokyo opposite some big
station

www.doro-foto.de/TokVo.jpg

Since of course the window wouldn't open I was glued to it for minutes -
I couldn't see from where the bird came or when it would come back. It
did not hit the screen luckily...

(all quickly scanned from prints...just to amuse you if you like).

cheers
:Doro