Re: [OM] f2.0 wide angle lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] f2.0 wide angle lenses
From: "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:09:24 -0600
> > The 35mm f2.0, 24mm f2.0, and 21mm f2.0 lenses are all 55mm
> > in diameter, while the 28mm f2.0 is only 49mm in diameter.  This
> > is inconsistent.  You'd think Olympus would have made them all
> > the same diameter in f2.0.  Does anyone know the story behind it?
>
> The 40mm f2.0 Zuiko is also 49mm filter size.  No, I don't see a
> pattern.

I'm not sure that lens belongs in the same family.  The current pdf
brochure available on the Olympus website includes the 21, 24, 28,
& 35 (and others), but not the 40 as currently available.  They even
comment:

  "The 18mm f3.5, 21mm f2.0, 24mm f2.0, 28mm f2.0 and 35mm
f2.0 lenses are all floating element designs with excellent image
quality from their closest to furthest point of focus."

Pete