RE: [OM] RE: OM How bad is this lens damaged?

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: OM How bad is this lens damaged?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:25:55 -0700
First off, welcome to the list.  This is one of the wilder introductory
messages I can recall.

One question regarding the lens dilemma.  Was the lens situated in the ill
fitting case with the exposed rear element in contact with the
disintegrating material, or was this material at the opposite end of the
case.  It might mitigate how much potential foreign material may have gotten
into the lens.

I would say with just the information you've provided that you would
probably be best off returning the lens for a full refund and continuing the
search.  We list members would certainly appreciate your informing us of who
the seller was just in case a 21/2 shows up on eyebuy in the next couple
weeks.

Jim