Re: [OM] Eye piece/eye sight diopter compensation

Subject: Re: [OM] Eye piece/eye sight diopter compensation
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:05:39 -0700
Don't know how much custom ground lenses will run, but you could put that toward an OM-3 or 4 series camera. They have built in diopter adjustment to -3. Combine this with a -5 eyecup and you have a combo that allows some adjustment around your -7 goal.

I'm about a -5 in my viewfinder eye, but just wear my glasses when looking through the viewfinder. I use 'Pentax AF Progressive' lenses,which are far, far superior to (and more expensive than!) regular progressives and that may contribute to ease of use with a camera.

Moose

Bill Stanke wrote:

Susan,

I appreciate your insights, for those of us with less than perfect
sight.  I've been trying to figure out a way to use my OM with Eyecup 1
and a correction lens.

AFAIK, the OM system only offered correction to -5 diopters.  I tried
stacking a -5 and a -2 (sigh).  This "worked", but the resulting stack
was too thick to allow the retainer to thread back on.  Do you know of a
place that can grind an extreme prescription (about -7.5), and can these
use glass that will be thin enough to actually fit into eyecup 1?

Or, should I give up and go LASIK?