RE: [OM] (OT) Right-side/left-side driving

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Right-side/left-side driving
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:01:48 +1000
> Winsor Crosby [mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I was almost run down a couple times in London because
> I looked the wrong way when crossing the road.

Leading up to the Sydney Olympics, many roads around our
neighbourhood (we're inner-city suburbia) had, at
intersecations without lights, the words "LOOK RIGHT"
or "LOOK LEFT" painted on the ground close to the
curb. This was in light of the fact that most pedestrian-
and-car accidents in Sydney were shown to involve tourists
(though I don't imagine those from the UK or Japan
required this advice, being lefties too).

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz