Re: [OM] What's so secret about S/N?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's so secret about S/N?
From: "Richard Allen" <dickallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:11:38 -0400
Johan,
Leaving off the numbers is a precaution. This is in case the lens has at one
time or another, been stolen. This is not to say the we OMers are a sorry
lot. It's just that most lenses in our class have been around for a long
time and we do purchase them used (quite often) without really knowing where
they may have traveled in their lifetimes.
This is something that I have learned from the others on the list.
Richard