Re: [OM] Something strange on the evil one...Evergreeen school

Subject: Re: [OM] Something strange on the evil one...Evergreeen school
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:16:23 -0700
Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx wrote:

Evergreen repeatedly scores in the top ten in the country for liberal schools.
I am not a grad form there, but see the kids daily here in Olympia.

The schools reputation brings students from around the globe.
Infact, they have a good photography program and I talk all the time to students and they are really in to their studies. They are very open minded and don't give a hoot about the Apple Cup.

The school does have an excellent liberal arts reputation, which explains both its prestige worldwide and the disdain it receives from many locals.

As the saying goes, a scientist asks, "Why does that work?" An engineer asks, "How can I make that work better?" A business major asks,"How can I make that work cheaper?" And a liberal arts major asks, "Would you like fries with that?"

Evergreen, like mosts liberal arts colleges, is a lousy business/vocational school but excellent preparation for grad school, government, or middle management.

--
Joshua Putnam | 25426 106th Ave SE #C6 | Kent, WA  98031
Work: 253/859-2402 | Cell: 206/799-8324