[OM] Re: MC 28mm f2?...IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: MC 28mm f2?...IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:29:14 -0400
Cc: "dreammoose" <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>, "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Well, folks, it finally arrived!
On the warm spring day of May 17th, 2000, I called Oly America for a simple
order: front element for a 28/2 and second from the rear for a 300/4.5.  I
was told both were in stock, but upon arrival the 28/2 front element was
missing.
I won't get into the details of the saga (most of you have probably heard it
too many times anyway), but after waiting and calling, calling and waiting,
and waiting some more, the front element finally arrived today, a mere four
days from the 2 year anniversary of my initial order.
This item may be the very last of this lens.  I was told a few days ago that
the computer said there were five, but they only found one.  Even though I
don't have my 28/2 anymore and the person this was purchased for sold his
long ago, I'm happy to have the element in my hands...at least for a short
time.  It's going on to a needy home in Zuikoland.
I guess the moral of the story is that if you hang in there long enough,
Olympus might be able provide the part you need.  Another moral of the
story: don't buy a broken piece of equipment after calling Oly America to
see if they have the part...get the part first :-)

happy OMing!
--p.j.