Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:03:13 -0700
In a message dated 5/12/2002 Lamadoo writes:

<< First off, I have to admit that I can't afford it so this is "sour
grapes". >>

It sure sounds like it to me...

I have no experience with the 250/2 (but know of a few who have so
perhaps they can comment) but I do have a bit of experience handling the
350/2.8 and I don't call that lens my "money lens" for nothing. It is
called that because results from it generate income plain and simple.

As evidenced from a link I posted here last week, not only can it
perform outstandingly off a monopod, but it even gets great results
hand-held panning 180MPH Winston Cup cars on a super speedway.

No, I would use it to shoot half dome from a mile away. But then, unless
I were just playing around I wouldn't be using a 35mm camera for that
either.

The 250/2 is reputed to be a world class telephoto lens, a benchmark by
which virtually all other telephotos for 35mm cameras should be judged.
To "dis" it without ever having tried one based on assumptions falls
under the category of "sour grapes." ;-)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com