Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:25:05 -0700
Jim Brokaw wrote:

I wonder if there is a way to tie the lens tripod mount and the camera/motor tripod mount together, thus steadying out the system some? Probably require a custom machined setup, but what's another $100 on a $3000 lens?<<

I'm afraid it is custom, at least for me. But if you are mechanically inclined, it is easily done using aluminum bar stock with 0.125 inch rubberized padding. Creates a very lightweight yet stable setup. It becomes complicated when you start trying to add options to a basic camera/lens setup. Options are defined as teleconverter, winder/md, etc. and this makes it messy. Hope this helps.

John Cwiklinski