[OM] ( OT ) Zuikoholic Christmas !!

Subject: [OM] ( OT ) Zuikoholic Christmas !!
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:30:35 +1200
Hi folks,

Ever seen a Zuikoholic pig in clover? Well, I haven't either but the mention
does make the mind work over-time ;-)

Today the Samyang 18-28 Wide-zoom (NIB) from Cameta Camera arrived.
Complete with a small packet of candy (must be trying to fatten me up -
waste of time - you can't fatten thoroughbreds).

The first non-Zuiko 35mm system lens I have bought since I got a Zeiss
Flectogon 35mm and a Vivitar 105 for my Exakta system 25 years ago, and
the first new lens of any kind since I bought my Zuiko 100-200 and the 35-
105 about 15 + years ago.

Very exciting. Looks and handles well. Focus rotates the wrong way but I'm
a quick learner when I have to be. Rectilinear. Colours look fine. Solid
enough. Will be interesting to see if the Pop Photo test measures up (or vice
versa :-)  You choose.)

So the next job will be to find a hard case to fit it. Yep; I put all my lenses
in
hard cases if I can; first line of resistance against crushing.

Dances off stage - off scene ... ... ...

Brian