Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:18:31 EDT
Don't forget the mother of all, the monster Nikon 300/2 in the comparision as
well.

John

<< I am just curious. Other than  speed, does anyone know how the 250/2
compares to the Nikkor 300/2.8 , or even the Nikkor
 300/4 , say 1 or 2 stops from max aperture? On 35mm can you really tell the
difference..? I am sure its a fabulous piece
 of glass despite the fact that it uses  1984 coating technology, but does it
make economic sense to own one (again if
 if speed is not so much of an issue)...or is it for (as Phil Greenspun would
say) ..the "small penised" ?  :)

 -Tim >>