Re: [OM] Camera service in San Francisco

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera service in San Francisco
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:24:56 EDT
The light sealing foam is easy enough to do as a DIY job, you can buy the
foam already cut into the necessary pieces from John H. (and other places,
I'm sure). If she doesn't want to get involved in that, I'm sure any place
that repairs cameras should be able to do a good job of it. I'm sure some
Calif. listees will jump in here with suggestions.
The manual adapter, as its called, is always on eBay, and in used camera
shops. Prices can be anywhere from $20 to $45, it pays to shop around. I
wouldn't pay more than $25- $30 for one.

George S.

wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have a daughter working in San Francisco and a guy in her office has given
her an OM-10 which 'lets light in'. Could some local OM'ers in that city
please recommend a repairer who could replace her seals? Also, are the
manual shutter speed devices readily obtainable?
Many thanks,
John Wheeler.