Re: [OM] SC Vs. MC, a new and devastating thread .... not

Subject: Re: [OM] SC Vs. MC, a new and devastating thread .... not
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:16:28 -0700 (PDT)
--- bsandyman@xxxxxxx wrote:
> First I want to thank all those who took time to
> direct
> me to the various web sites.
>
> I have discovered that my 50mm 1.8 is a garden
> variety
> SC ("F.ZUIKO"). But I take heart knowing it is a
> garden
> variety ZUIKO.
>
> I also have a 50mm 1.4 MC.
>
> I get the feeling that instead of selling one or the
>
> other of these lenses, that I should learn what the
> differences are and possibly use that to my
> advantage.
>
> How do I do this? I know I can check for color (warm
> vs.
> cold) by looking at a white object. (I actualy have
> one
> handy. The LBJ Library is white.) What are good
> tests
> for other things? What other things should I look
> for?
You would have to shoot slide film to compare color,
print film can be printed any tint you can imagine and
the same neg printed by 10 different labs would look
like 10 different pictures. In fact, for most
comparsions a medium speed, normal contrast slide film
would most likely provide more information about the
differences between these two lenses than other
methods.     John Robison