[OM] RE: Winder

Subject: [OM] RE: Winder
From: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:29:17 +0100
> Just curious -- what makes it bad? It seems to work fine in my (limited)
>experience -- I didn't think there was that much that you could ask a
winder
>to do, really; it winds on fine, so what else is there it's doing that I
>should be aware of?

I've got one of these and yes it is crap. -

1) it doesn't tighten onto the tripod bush securely, so that anything that I
screw into the bottom of it (BG2/tripod) wobbles;

2) If I use it with a slow shutter speed (say, below 60th) it goes into
"rapid fire" mode.... only way to stop it is to switch it off by which time
it's wasted half a dozen frames;

3) Not sure how this compares to an Oly Winder, but the switch has a low
profile which makes it difficult to turn.

... and anyway it died a few weeks ago.

Other than that it's brilliant

Sam
This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named
addressee only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee
(or authorised to receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use
or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your
system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses although
we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be
transferred by way of this e-mail.