RE: [OM] ( OT ) Zuikolholic pig in clover

Subject: RE: [OM] ( OT ) Zuikolholic pig in clover
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:17:05 -0600
> The Panagor 55mm f/2.8 macro  Same as hr-cr used for his
> flutterby shots ;-)

 Ah, this is the same as the Vivitar 55mm macro I have. It's a _nice_ lens;
light, sharp, and very, for want of a better word, useful. It's a good lens
cap if you want to wander around taking photos of nature; it'll go close up
enough to do nice tight macro shots, but still works as a 50mm equivalent.
Nice bokeh, too. I'm occasionally tempted by the 90mm versions that float
past on e*ay [1], but I'm not sure that portrait->macro is as useful a
transition as normal->macro.

 Samples:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/Macro_work/puff3.jpg
http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/Autumn_In_Calgary/flower2.jpg
http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/LakeMinnewanka/Moss2.jpg

 -- dan

[1] by which I mean, for instance (wrong mount, but you get the idea)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348034538

 There's also the new ones:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1352814101
 but I don't think they're the same thing at all.