RE: [OM] Sigma fixed focal length lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Sigma fixed focal length lenses
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:10:46 -0500
>===== Original Message From "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>Gary's tests don't include any Sigma lenses.  Does a general
>consensus exist on Sigma lenses?  I'm mainly interested in
>fixed focal length lenses, but comments on zooms are also
>relevant.  How do they compare to Zuiko lenses, especially
>in terms of sharpness?  Are they MC or SC?

Pete,
Dunno if there is a global statement to be made about Sigma lenses.  I've got
a Sigma 21-35/3.5-4.5, which is MC. It is very sharp in the center, comparable
to my Zuiko primes in the range, but softer than the primes in the corners.
77mm filter size (!) and focuses in the wrong direction, but a good lens.

Joel W.