RE: [OM] TOPE 10

Subject: RE: [OM] TOPE 10
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:02:03 -0500
At 11:43 5/15/02, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:
At 11:39 5/15/02, Walt Wayman wrote:
> It sounded so simple at first, but TOPE 10 is proving to be more
> difficult -- at least for me -- than I thought.  I will be
> interested to see just how many "water" shots are not cliches,
> just another picture like a million others.  It's looking more and
> more like mine will be one of those. (Sigh)

That's what I've been finding with TOPE in general -- I know that my raw
photographic skills still need some work, so I'm working around the lack of
technique by going for interesting subjects instead. Sure, ideally it'd be a
technically excellent photo of something unique, but at least this way I can
get one out of two.

Wishing I could resubmit TOPE 9 for TOPE 10 [sigh]. Been shooting water, of which there has been more than an abundance lately, without anything inspiring as the continuous rains have dashed plans for a number of Spring photographs. The cup , errrr rivers, overfloweth and there's more rain coming tomorrow when the larger rivers crest. Hasn't helped the TOPE 10 work, but it's nothing to complain about compared to others' problems with flooded fields and homes.

-- John