Re: [OM] Olympus OM-10

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM-10
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:07:23 -0700
That's why it's an excellent beginner's camera (beginning zuikoholic, that is). Once one has a bunch of lenses and accessories and sticky-magnet shows up, it's necessary to obtain one or more single digit OM bodies. ;-)

Seriously, the OM-10 is a perfectly capable camera when working, but nowhere near as well built, reliable and satisfying to use as an OM-2, for the same general auto/manual functionality plus TTL flash or an OM-4, to add spot metering.

Moose

Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

I guess so -- I'm just rather disenchanted because the OM10 I had worked
just perfectly for a year or so, _then_ got sticky, and stayed sticky even
after a cleaning; had I not already got some lenses together and thus some
investment in the OM system, I'd have been very likely to call the whole
thing off and go for some new wonderbrick which at least would have a
warranty.