Re: [OM] (OM) OM 77AF Grip Availability

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OM 77AF Grip Availability
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:51:17 -0500
There were two basic grips made for the OM-77/707 -- the Grip 100 was a
battery holder only, while the Grip 300 (and 300M) also had a small flash
built in.  The 100 was quite rare since most folks wanted the convenience
of a flash without having another "accessory" to carry around.
Unfortunately, the battery covers of the 300 began to break in droves --
the pressure of the battery springs eventually broke off a tab on the
battery cover, then broke out the "lip" on the front half of the grip's
cover that held the battery cover on.  Olympus ran out of parts for the
Grip 300 years ago.  If you can find a working Grip 300 or 100, snag it.
Else, if you can find a Grip 300 with a broken battery cover, try holding
the battery cover on with duct tape or something.