Re: [OM] UPS or USPS for shipping large/heavy item....

Subject: Re: [OM] UPS or USPS for shipping large/heavy item....
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 May 2002 18:30:58 -0500
>>> On Thu, 16 May 2002 19:41:58 pst, "james olson" <jolson@xxxxxxxx> said:

 jo> Can anyone with experience shipping a large box let me know which is
usually
 jo> cheaper?

 jo> (I will be shipping a complete enlarger.)

If you ship it UPS, pack it VERY well. A few years ago I saw a UPS
truck unloading some computer equipment, while I was watching I saw
the monitor box come tumbling out the back of the truck onto a
concrete driveway. At my last apartment complex the UPS driver there
regularly stood on the ground and tossed packages up to second floor
balconies when the recipient wasn't at home. I was sent a package that
was marked "Fragile" and "Handle with Care" all over it. I found the
package with one whole side crushed where the guy tossed it over a
fence onto my patio. I never ship with UPS unless absolutely
necessary.

        Johnie