Re: [OM] UPS or USPS for shipping large/heavy item....

Subject: Re: [OM] UPS or USPS for shipping large/heavy item....
From: "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 20:47:21 -0600
>And I have never had a slip left on my door saying that they tried to
>deliver and I was not home to sign.  I have had $2000 items left on
>my front porch in a high traffic neighborhood by UPS.

This depends on the driver.  In my last house, the UPS driver would
leave any package on the door.  One day I found my dogs playing
with the remains of a package that some kids had obviously stolen
from someone's doorstep, taken the valuables, and tossed the rest
into my back yard.  In my current neighborhood the UPS driver
never leaves anything on anyone's doorstep.  This is in the same
metro area, I just moved from the south side to the north side.
And in case anyone does not know, UPS is unofficially told to leave
packages on the doorstep during the Christmas rush.  Never order
something valuable between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Pete