Re: [OM] Concert photography?

Subject: Re: [OM] Concert photography?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 23:34:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/02 7:14:03 PM Central Daylight Time, cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

Michael,  I also would take the wide angle and try to postion myself where I
could have the band be the main subject, with the audience in the back ground
and also the other way around.  I would also want something long and fast to
isolate individual band members.  I would want to stop some of the action and
also show some of the motion with slow shutter speeds.  When I think about
concerts that I did in college, it would be of people of  whom you have never
heard.  Pushed Tri-X a stop or two.  Used a tripod on the stage from behind
the curtains on the side.  Back then I was using a new Nik#n and a huge Nik#n
zoom that seems like it went to 250mm or so which might explain part of
reason for the tripod.  This was all before I saw the light and also before
the birth of the OM system.  It was the path I needed to travel to truly
appreciate the OM.  It sounds like I did a good job of enabling you when I
help to get you into that first OM 2S.  I have another on the way to me right
now. It is hard to have too many.  Have a great time and capture some great
images. Bill Barber