Re: Customs documents (was: Re: [OM] FS: still more good olympus stuff;

Subject: Re: Customs documents (was: Re: [OM] FS: still more good olympus stuff; )last call
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
Some mail carriers use customs documents to basically
extort money due to some minor technicalities in
certain countries laws. One of my friends who lives in
Brazil bought some stuff for his family up here in the
states (where he is attending college) and had the
company ship it directly to Brazil. Well the mail
carrier wanted an extra $70.00 to deliver it because
of some regulation that forces the carrier to fill out
one form stating the contents of the package and this
was supposedly a "filing fee". For a $50 item it
wasn't worth the cost. Sending an item as a 'gift' is
different though no forms that the carrier can charge
megabucks for.

Mark Lloyd