Re: [OM] RE: USPS vs UPS

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: USPS vs UPS
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:48:41 -0700

How do you guys manage to get FedEx to do deliveries to private homes?
I've tried over and over again, but here in Paris (France) the fact that
delivery is not to a business-address seems to confuse the hell out of
FedEx....to the point where they give up and just leave the packet
somewhere in their facilities, hoping that "someone will probably call us
at some point".

I've started to have all personal parcels shipped to my work address, and
that seems to work better.

I've also started to not use FedEx after they errornously relabelled a
shipment to me (airtickets...urgently needed, that's why I chose FedEx's
most expensive and supposibly fast way) and sent them to someone else.
Instead, I got another wrongly relabelled packet containing training
manuals for American Airlines cabin crew (!!!) The relabelling was done by
FedEx, they admitted - a label with the correct recipients of both parcels
was to find behind the wrong one. But they failed to produce a reasonable
explanation on why they found it to be a good idea (or even their right)
to do so....

I've been sending very little camera stuff, though I have received some
by. I actually find that good ol' insured royal post (I'm danish....we get
to have a royal family and, hence, royal post) service seems to be the
better one, both in terms of reliability and care. I get long delays on
almost all shipments through the post office (express means "something
within a month or so...if we have time"), but at least I get my things
and not someone elses.

Just a little rant 'bout FedEx France :)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

You have my sympathy, but FedEx is the class act in my neighborhood. Perhaps, the contrarian aspect of France?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?