Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations

Subject: Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 21:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
> Things are certainly different for you folks, in England our
> biggest fear is
> being kept awake by sheep bleating all night!

I camped one night in the "high-country" of Mt Rogers
(Virginia).  The cows and wild horses (see photo in the
unoffical gallery) mosey around and eat all night long.  The
sounds of grass being ripped out of the ground at 0200 about a
foot from your head are a bit disconcerting.

And two years ago I camped in the west campground (free) in the
Badlands.  Something like 40-50 bison grazed all night within
yards of the tent.  In the middle of the night, I had a sudden
onslaught of digestive discomfort which required immediate
attention from the outhouse 50 yards away.  I unzipped the door
to make my knees-locked journey when to my horror I saw that one
of these overgrown steaks was completely blocking my exit.
Couldn't get him (her?) to budge for anything.  I zipped the
door shut, curled up on the floor and squeezed for all it's
worth.

Cramps just don't go away without relief, but when your exit is
blocked and the Immodium A.D. is safely tucked away in the car
it makes for a very miserable night.  I must have howled like a
coyote for the better part of two hours.  It was a good thing
there wasn't anybody within five miles because they would have
thought that I was dying.  My butt muscles still hurt just
thinking about it.

AG-Schnozz