Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations

Subject: Re: [OM] Water shots and vacations
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:04:49 -0700
Cougars like them too. Sheep and goat herd owners out in west Marin County have been using Llamas to help herd/guard their sheep and goats. Seems the herd bonds with the Llamas and stays close to them and the Llamas are quite aggressive towards potential predators. One of the biggest Llamas around, about 400lb., was recently killed by a cougar. Guess it was too big and hungry to be satisfied with a sheep! I've seen one in the regional park near me maybe 50yds (or metres) from houses (but not big enough to take down a 400# Llama). Another was seen on the street about 3 blocks from my house. No bears yet, but I hear they are moving closer in.

Moose

James N. McBride wrote:

It funny that you should mention sheep in this thread because there's
nothing that attracts bears better than sheep. Grizzlies and black bears
both like to munch them and so do wolves. /jnm