Re: [OM] OM-PC

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:04:42 -0700
The manual shutter speed connections are on the shutter ring mounted immediately under the lens mount and a circuit board under that. Something under there may have gotten 'bent out of shape' . The little contact brush on the speed ring is at the bottom where it would be compressed by any flexing caused by a heavy lens. If it stayed compressed when the camera unflexed, it might lose contact with the circuit board. The fact that the meter worked in other modes and with the lens back on make me think this could be the problem. Did you try it all over the speed range? It would provide a further clue if it worked at some speed settings and not others.

If you take off the lens mount and speed ring, do it with the camera on it's back and don't lose the little speed detent ball bearing.

Moose

Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Yep.  The OM-PC is a neat little camera.  I had mine on a tripod with a 200
zoom hanging off the front (unsupported).  After a few hours of making
tabletop product shots for upcoming ebay ads, I took the little PC off the
tripod.  The meter's display wouldn't respond in Manual.  (Program, yes.
Auto, yes.)

I calmly replaced the batteries.  No meter display in Manual.  (again,
Program, yes.  Auto, yes.)  I shrugged, and re-mounted it on the tripod
(with the 200 hanging off the front).  The meter started working!  I don't
want to get ahead of myself but I think a ground is now intermittant because
I had the 200 flexing the mirror box.  Is this likely?