Re: [OM] Teleconverter Theory

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverter Theory
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:45:33 -0700
Sounds right to me, the two f8 shots are slightly underexposed relative to the f6.3 shot, just as one would expect. I assume you were on manual, otherwise, the auto-exposure should have evened up the exposures by using a 'between' shutter speed. I don't know what camera you were using, but most only show full stop differences between speeds. Thus anything up to 1/2 stop over or under 1/500 will show as 1/500. Since the difference between f8 and f6.3 is less than 2/3 of a stop, both stops could give the same speed indication, with one slightly over and the other slightly under. Considering that meter, lenses and converters are all subject to variation around nominal values, this all sounds right on the money.

Moose

frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I´ve just made a comparison between F4/200 + 2xA =F8/400mm and a F4.5/300 + 1.4xA = F6.3/420mm. I was wondering, wide open, both lenses
achieved 1/500 second altough the 300+1.4 combo should be a half stop
faster. So I´ve made three slides, 200@F4(=8), 300@4.5(=6.3) and 300@5.6(=8).
All with 1/500sec, which was meassured at F8 with the 200mm lens, and at F6.3 with the 300mm lens (??).Result: the second slide is a bit brighter than the other two, which are equal in brightness.

Sems at one of these lenses/converters the apperture lever isn`t adjusted
propperly.