RE: [OM] (OT) Bears, Water Shots and vacations (long, sorry)

Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) Bears, Water Shots and vacations (long, sorry)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:50:21 +1000
> Rich [mailto:Doggre@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Most you "bump into" in the wild do a quick 360 and
> run off faster than you would ever imagine a bear
> could move.

Now, wait, if you face a bear and they "do a  quick 360,
then no matter which way they do it (spin, flip, roll),
they're still gonna end up running "faster than you would
ever imagine a bear could move" straight into you.
Personally, I'd prefer they do a 180, and I don't care
which way.

[This has been a special community announcement brought to
you on behalf of A.R.S.E - The Anal-retentive Royal Society of
Errorcheckers (incorporated in the U.S.A, as A.S.S - the
Anal-retentive Scholarship Society)] Sorry, Rich - it's
*my* character-flaw, not yours.

FWIW, I can never understand why so many of my Stateside
mates say *Australia* is full of dangerous animals. I
personally freaked out at a "Caution: Bears in this Area"
or somesuch sign on a visit to Vancouver, Canada. :-) (that
was the day a took 20 lovely pictures in that same "State
Park"(?) area, only to see later I had no film in the
camera (my biggest photography "Duh", ever).

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz

Cheers