[OM] Dreammoose is a GENIOUS!

Subject: [OM] Dreammoose is a GENIOUS!
From: Acer/Siddiq <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:00:52 -0700 (PDT)
As you may have heard from me about this a few month back, that my lovely
bought in mint condition OM1n was reading two stops too high at all
settings regardless of light level. I posted to the list, all the details,
but no one posted as to why things were not right. i'm sure some of you
might have an idea which is why i posted... the clues were:

camera was CLAed shortly before i bought it.
seller claimed meter worked right
seller claimed he used Hg cells
I found a 625A in the batt compartment, thought the CLA fellows goofed,
and switched with a brand new Varta 625PX.

that last bit was the give away..

the camera was adjusted or whatever to use 1.5(5)v batts! My using a 1.35v
batt was throwing it off! When I posted a FS msg, trying to get rid of the
camera so i can get a 4, i mentioned this as a fault in an otherwise fine
camera..

Dreammoose (sorry can't recall your real name) mentioned the possibility
of the meter adjustment, and later Tom Scales also emailed me the same
idea.

I went to redlands camera, bought an SR44 varta Ag oxide battery, popped
it in (no washer.. yet), turned on meter, fastest shutter, min aperture,
min filmspeed and left in the dark for a  couple of hours. this morning i
checked it, and EUREKA it works RIGHT ON! totally awesome!

i'm SOOOO happy.

as promised, Dreammoose, drop me a line offlist with your snailmail addy
(you too Tom) and you gentlmen are both entitled one roll of film of your
choice AND Dreammoose, you have the option should u desire, of getting
that new-not-used-a-whole-lot Varta Hg cell if you have a non-fixed OM.

thank you, and i'm quite pleased to be a member of the list!

/A/S
--
dum spiro, spero
http://users2.ev1.net/~wesiddiquis/siddiq/      <--!!!NEW LOCATION!!!